Privacy Statement of GMC mbH
The protection of your personal data is important for us, also with respect to your visit on our homepage. Your data are protected in accordance with the legal provisions. Among others, this is guaranteed by an external data protection officer.
In the following you will be informed about which data is collected and used during your visit on our homepage.
1. Name and contact data of the data controller for processing as well as the company protection officer.
This privacy information applies for data processing services carried out by:
GMC – Gesellschaft für Marine- und Industrieausstattung mbH (hereinafter: GMC)
The data protection officer is available at the following address:
dhpg IT-Services GmbH
2. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. Insofar as we process your data you may request information especially about the processing purpose, the categories of personal data, the recepients of your disclosed personal data, especially recipients in third countries, the planned storage period or the criteria of determination, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us as well as the existence of an automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful detailed information.
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain the immediate rectification of incorrect or incomplete of your personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of the personal data stored with us, unless the processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data, if the correctness of data is disputable, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its erasure and we do not need the data any more. On the other hand, you might need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing pursuant to art. 21 GDPR and it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail your interests.
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data which you provided us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to demand the transfer to any other responsible person, insofar as the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is made by means of automated procedures;
- pursuant to Art. 7 seq. 3 GDPR, to revoke your uniquely given consent at any time. This entails that a continued processing of your personal data is prohibited and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. As a rule, you can address to the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarter.
3. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to appeal against processing your personal data insofar as there are reasons resulting from your particular situation or which are directed against direct advertising.
In the first case, we will no longer process your data unless we can prove compelling reasons that prevail your interests, liberties and rights or our processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
In the latter case you have a general right of objection which is realized by us without indicating a particular situation. If you want to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be sufficient.
4. Data transfer
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly given your consent pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. a GDPR
- the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a prevailing legitimate interest in not transferring your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to transfer data pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is required by law and pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
In addition, your personal data are processed by our order processors in compliance with instructions, insofar as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the order. Our contract processors do not have an own right to use your data.
5. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the representation of the closed bowl or lock symbol or by the use of “https” in front of the address of our (sub)website. We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological development.
6. Third countries
Data will be transmitted by us to third countries exclusively in accordance with the statutory regulations.
Insofar as we fulfil our contract with you, data are made available to third parties. Appropriate safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR or an adequacy decision pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR are not necessary.
If you have not consented to the data transfer, if the data transfer does not serve the fulfilment of the contract or if the transfer is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, the data are only transferred by us if there are suitable safeguards or an adequacy decision.
A suitable safeguard exists, for example, if the EU standard contractual clauses issued by the EU Commission have been concluded or if certification by means of a “Privacy Shield” has been obtained.
The legal basis is Art. 45 and 46 GDPR.
Specific privacy information for data processing operations on the website
1. When visiting the website
When visiting our website https://www.gmc-mbh.de/, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file
- website allowing the access (referrer-URL),
- used browser and the operating system of the computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection to our website,
- to ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- assessment of the system security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is laid down in Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the operation of our website and the related presentation of our company.
Your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the stated purposes, after 6 months at the latest.
2. When using our contact form
You can pose questions of any kind through our contact form which is available on our website. The indication of your valid email address is required enabling us to trace the sender of the enquiry and to respond to it. Further information can be given voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of entering into contact with us is made pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. a GDPR and is based on your voluntarily given consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically erased after you have completed your request.
If your request is directed to the conclusion of a contract, Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. In this case, we store your data for the duration of the statutory retention periods.
3. When using our applicant portal
For GMC it is particularly important to ensure the highest possible protection of your personal data. All personal data collected and processed by GMC within the scope of an application are protected against unauthorized access and manipulation by technical and organizational measures.
We need your personal data in the application documents to be able to regard you as an applicant in the application process and to check whether you qualify as an employee of our company. If you provide information that goes beyond this required information, you voluntarily provide it to us and consent to its processing.
Thus, the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. a and b GDPR. Withdrawal of consent is possible at any time. You can send your withdrawal at any time to email@example.com by email.
After completion of the application process, we will store your documents for further 6 months for evidence purposes.
For a possible conclusion of a contract it is necessary to provide us with your personal data in the application documents. Otherwise we will not be able to consider you in the application process.
4. Cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other elements of third parties
The analysis tools used by us evaluate the user behaviour of the website visitors and enable us to optimize the website and adapt marketing measures.
We use plugins and other elements from third parties to integrate the content of these providers into our website.
a) Required first-party cookies
The use of our necessary first-party cookies serves on the one hand to make the use of our range more pleasant for you. For example, we use so-called session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages on our website. These are automatically erased after leaving our site.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain period of time. If you visit our site again in order to use our services, it automatically recognizes that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
These data will be erased after 6 months at the latest.
We process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest in the external presentation of our company via the website you have called up and to promote user friendliness. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 seq. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept these cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before such a cookie is generated. However, if cookies are completely deactivated, the website may not be displayed correctly, or you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
b) Third-Party-Cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements
The following indicated and used third-party cookies, analysis tools, plugins and elements of third parties are used only after receipt of your expressly given consent based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR. You can withdraw your given consents at any time and for the future by changing your settings here. The withdraw of your consent or not giving your consent may lead to an incorrect display of the website or the website does not allow to use all functions.
With the Third-Party-Cookies analysis tools, plugins and other elements of third parties we want to ensure a need-based design, marketing measures and the continuous optimization of our website. In addition, we use the tracking measures in order to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our services for you.
The respective functional descriptions, possible recipients of the data, information on possible transfers to a third country, and the storage duration can be found in the following notes on the individual processing steps with third-party cookies, analysis tools, plug-ins, and other third-party elements.
(1) Google Analytics
For the purpose of a need-based design and the continuous optimization of our sides we use Google Analytics, a web analyzing service of Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter „Google“). In this context, pseudomized user profiles are generated and cookis are used. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this website such as:
- type/version of browser,
- used operation system,
- referrer URL (the previously visited side),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transmitted to a Google server located in U.S.A. and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to collect reports about the website activities and to render further services for market research purposes and the needs-based design of these sites linked with the use of the website and the internet. In no case your IP address is amalgamated with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized avoiding an assignment (IP masking
You can obtain further information on data protection in context with Google Analytics in Google Analytics support (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl).
Google LLC is certified according to the Privacy Shield agreement: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
(2) Google Maps
This site uses the maps service Google Maps through API. Providers of the maps service is Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S.A.
The implementation of this plug-in is made through the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors of our website in the best possible way. This means that your personal data (in particular, your IP address) will not be transmitted to Google when you visit the website. First, you have to activate the integrated map by clicking on it. With this click, you give your consent for loading the map with our company location and transferring the data to Google.
Your information is generally not anonymized before it is transferred to a Google server in the U.S.A. and stored there.
Google LLC is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
In order to promote our company, we use social plugins of YouTube LLC (901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA) a subsidiary of Google LLC on our website. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
The plugins are marked with a YouTube logo in the form of a “YouTube camera” or a “Play” button, for example.
The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way. This means that your personal data (in particular your IP address) will not be transmitted to YouTube when you call up the website. Rather, you have to activate the integrated “buttons” and videos by clicking on them. With this click you give your consent for a connection to the YouTube servers.
Through this integration, YouTube receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a YouTube profile or are not currently logged in to YouTube.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a YouTube server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to YouTube, YouTube can assign your visit to our website directly to your YouTube account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “YouTube” button, this information is also transmitted directly to a YouTube server and stored there. The information is also published on your YouTube account and displayed to your contacts there.
If you do not want YouTube to associate the data collected via our website directly with your YouTube account, you must log out of YouTube before activating the plugins.
Google LLC as parent company of YouTube LLC is certified according to the Privacy Shield Agreement: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
5. Currency and amendment of the data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid as of November 2019. Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. You can call up and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at [https://www.gmc-mbh.de/en/privacy-policy/].